Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 16

We went to Vidor today for President interviews and district meeting. It is always good to be with our new mission president. He has such a spirit about him. Sister Moldenhouer is special. The president was glad that we would be with them for the next eight months. We asked him what we are going to do when we finish this ward and he said he didn’t know. We told him about how we arrived here and he said that it gave him something to write about in his journal. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Even now we are wondering where to go. Most of our contacts are evening. I guess we will spent the afternoons in our apartment because of the heat and go out in the evenings.

We went on splits with the sisters and elders in Vidor. That was fun. Your dad went with two elders and I went with the sisters. We visited with an investigator and I challenged her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. If she does she will get a testimony of its truthfulness. We tracked one street and only two people opened their doors. We stopped at a day care center and gave one of the ladies there a pass along card to receive a DVD about the Savior. We also visited a member and her children. They have a large turtle in their back yard. The other day I saw a turtle crossing the road. I stopped for him to let him pass. I wish I had picked him up and brought him home. Of course I don’t know what I would have done with him but it would have been fun.

We stayed in this evening. It was 117 in the car and 97 out side today.

No comments: