Sunday, September 14, 2008

7 September

We attended our new ward today. It felt like home. It is so different from the Orange Ward. Of course the people in Orange have gone through so much and it looks like another hurricane is on its way. I guess we will know if we need to be evacuated again. If we do then I need to find more games for the missionaries.

Before we left Orange we took time to visit several members and give JoAnna another lesson. She will be okay. She came over Thursday evening and shampooed our carpet. The elders had been over earlier to move everything out of the bedroom. We spent the night on the kitchen floor. Elder Rigby arrived Friday morning, we loaded up and were on our way. It took us two days to empty boxes and get things in order. I don’t recommend transferring senior couple very often. We were so tired. I just had to spend the afternoon sleeping and resting my body. Our apartment is really nice. It has two bedrooms, a walk in closet, washer and dryer (I love it), a new fridge and dishwasher. The only draw back is the floors. Every room is tile. It is so hard to walk on. We went shopping and found some rugs for the bathroom and at Good Will I found two matching pillows. We call them our pray pillows. There’s no way we can kneel on this floor. We live on a busy street so we can hear the traffic. This is a small town but it does have a Wal-Mart (hooray). We have been there several times. It is where we get our prescriptions. Tomorrow is Sunday and we are looking forward to meeting the members.

Being fast Sunday I bore my testimony and let the people know a little about us. We started our meetings at 7:20 a.m. so it was a long morning. After the meeting a sister came up to me and said that she had been praying for someone to come and work with her neighbor. She was in tears and just knew that we were an answer to her prayers. Her friend just lost a baby and was angry with God and wanted us to visit her. She had been taught the lessons before and even had a blessing from the bishop. She is living with her boy friend but they are planning on getting married. We talked to her about her loss and have an appointment to visit her again next week.

No comments: