Monday, August 11, 2008

3 August

I don’t know what happened to July but it just disappeared. It is already the 3rd of August. We had an appointment with Sissy and James and when we arrived that had up and moved to Arkansas. They didn’t tell anyone so it was a big surprise. They have been coming to our Family Home Evenings on Monday afternoons and were coming to church. We also took our water bottles for them to fill with their well water. It is so good. Anyway why we were there their neighbor came over to tell us that they had moved. I asked him if we could get our bottles filled from his well. He said sure so I went with him and we filled four jugs. We also talked about the gospel and made an appointment to teach them the gospel. We will see them next Friday.

We spent Saturday in Vinton, LA with Art. We showed him “Praise to the Man”. I think that we have showed him just about every DVD that we have. He isn’t well but tries to get to church when he can. He was baptized about two months ago. He fixed us a very large hamburger and fries for our supper. We didn’t get home until 9:30 p.m. We didn’t do much during the day. The weather has been so very hot, in the high 90’s with a very high humidity. One day it was 104 and when we got in our car it was 119. That is hot.

Sunday we went with Brother Dayley to Starks to visit several people. He is their home teacher. We just couldn’t find them. They live way out. Starks is in Louisiana. It’s a long ways from the ward. We did find two out of three home so we will just have to go again. This time I know how to get there. When we arrived back at Brother Dayley’s he fixed us supper and we visited with him. He lost his wife a few years ago but he keeps himself busy. He drove clear to Idaho and was gone five weeks. He is eight-three years old. I hope when I get that old I can still drive.

We received a call from the mission office last night telling us about the tropical storm that will probably hit us. We were told to fill the car with gas and wait to hear from them. They called this evening and told us that we would be staying here and that the storm is heading further west. I think that we will be okay. I’m grateful for continuous revelation.

No comments: